Monday, October 20, 2008

So Not a Girly Girl

We just got these way cool acrylic albums in at the store and when I saw this one I knew what I had to do. Bridgette's not really a tomboy but she is definitley not a girly-girl and I wanted to capture that in a mini album:













A few tips for those of you who haven't tried acrylic albums yet...



Use background stamps with Stazon Ink to make a fun background that will show through both sides:




Cover the acrylic with paper on the underside. Cover up the adhesive by putting something on top of it. Here I placed buttons and stickers over my adhesive. I also used a little Diamond Glaze so you wouldn't see it:

Use paint to jazz up your album. I dry-brushed the edges of each acrylic page and used my paint brush to make dots all around the first page. The best part? You can see them on the other sied too:

I used more Stazon Ink to stamp the butterflies and swirls:

Always remeber when working with acrylic that you have to think ahead to what both sides of the piece are going to look like. To check out more of these albums, go to http://www.itsscraptacular.com/ and click on acrylic albums!



3 comments:

GESSYBELL said...

This album is adorable!!

{Jennifer} said...

I love the album! So adorable!

Daily dose of Dana said...

This album is adorable - would you sell a kit because i do love it!