Saturday, December 29, 2007

Baking Cookies

Christmas Eve:
Baking cookies is a major holiday tradition for me.
When I was little I used to help my grandma make sugar cookies and we always had a good time. My favorite part? Sneaking pieces of the cookie dough.
Now that I am older I make my own cookies. Bridgette has helped me since she was about three but this year she was really old enough to do most of it by herself. I made the dough but she cut out most of the cookies. It took almost all day (11am-6pm) but we had fun and she ended up saving me a lot of time.

This is the snowman she made out of the dough!


I am not sure if you can tell but she has flour all around her mouth from sneaking some of the dough.



Decorating took a lot of time but they turned out great!



After it was all said and done I was exhausted but we had some nice, fresh cookies to give out on Christmas.

No comments: