Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I just finished reading...


This was a very interesting book by Nancy Horan. It is the semi-fictional story of Frank LLoyd Wright's mistress. I first heard about it in a magazine and although I am not particularly intersted in Frank Lloyd Wright the review said it was a very interesting book "if you didn't know how the story turned out". Apparently there were some interesting things that happened between Frank and Mamah, his mistress. Well, I decided to borrow the book from the library and refused to read anything about the story before-hand. The book was well written and interesting but as I was reading, nothing astounding was happening. I suppose for the time the book took place, they were quite a scandal as divorce and openly cheating on one's spouse was not commonplace. But I kept reading because by now I had been sucked into their saga. Well, lo and behold, the last twenty pages or so were quite a surprise. I won't give away the ending (although what happened was common knowledge) so for those of you who don't know the story, I recommend reading this book. I was completely surprised! I kept saying while I was reading, "oh my gosh!" and Bridgette and Scott would say "What?!". Then I would say, "Nothing...just my book..."

No comments: