Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Spirit

It truly amazes me how I can learn so much from my daughter. Even though she is only 7, she always helps me to remember to take the time to enjoy life. I am always in such a hurry...life stresses me out more than it should...I don't laugh nearly as much as I should...I take my happiness for granted. These things, she never does. She's always laughing, singing, enjoying this journey. She takes her time (sometimes too much time! Ahhh!), doesn't let stress overwhelm her, and always appreciates the things she recieves. Why am I thinking of this now? Well, I have been trying hard to get into the Christmas spirit but it seems like every time I think about it all I can think is "Can I afford to get these things? Will I have time to make this? Bake that? Decorate this?" It has really put a damper on time I should be enjoying. However, Bridgette is totally in the Christmas spirit. She sings songs of Christmas, watches Christmas movies, writes Christmas stories. But the best part is for a few days now she sings a line from "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" everyday before she gets on the bus. I say, "Ok, gimme a kiss!" And before she does, she says "Somebody waits for you, kiss her once for me!" It may sound silly, and it is, but its things like that that make me appreciate life. And appreciate this little sweetheart I am so lucky to have!

No comments: